This Valentine’s Day I wanted to do something a bit special for some family and friends and wanted to get my little one involved in the process!
These simple Valentine’s treats were so easy to make and my little munchkin thoroughly enjoyed helping me make them!
So to make these yummy chocolate covered Oreos you will need:
- Oreos or Oreo Thins (the amount is up to you!)
- White chocolate
- Milk chocolate
- Dark chocolate
- Red gel food colouring
- Separate the different types of chocolate into bowls and melt the chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave. Be sure not to heat it up too much! I find that melting it just until the squares/buttons become ‘squishy’ and then stirring the chocolate until it is all melted works well.
- Divide the white chocolate in half and colour one half using the red food colouring.
- Line a tray or chopping board with parchment paper or cling film. Check the chocolate isn’t too hot and begin dipping the Oreos!
- Sprinkle the Oreos with the sprinkles or drizzle chocolate over them to decorate.
- Leave to completely harden before putting in cellophane bags.
I added some red ribbon and some pretty heart tags that I made using Kraft card and some Christmas wrapping paper.
These were so easy and fun to make, a great Valentine’s activity for children as well! And they could be adapted to suit any theme, holiday or occasion.
These should last the journey to Canada as well, which makes them ideal for sending to loved ones abroad!
I don’t usually put up Valentine’s decorations but I decided to hang this Heart Felt & Twine Bunting that I made quite a while ago. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day all! Thanks for reading!