Although I love summer and the warm rain that it brings, every year I start to get excited when the mornings become crisp and the leaves start to change colour. Autumn doesn’t officially start for another week but the pumpkin spice lattes are out and fall is certainly in the air!
I often enjoy watching the Food Network with a nice cup of tea while my little one has their afternoon nap and recently I have seen lots of chocolate bark being made. It always looks super scrummy and I love the fact that you can add anything you like to it. I decided to make a fall-inspired chocolate bark this past weekend. I love the mix between sweet and salty that the sea salt and caramel bring, along with the added crunch of cashew nuts.
This bark is really delicious and easy to make. It looks great, and would make a very special homemade gift for chocolate lovers. It’s the perfect Thanksgiving or Autumnal treat. I have to admit that as I write this I am munching away on a piece!
So here’s how to make this yummy Caramel, Cashew & Sea Salt Chocolate Bark
- 3 bars of milk chocolate
- 1/2 bar of white chocolate
- 1 pack (80g) toffees (I used Werther’s Original)
- Sea Salt
- Prepare your ingredients as you will need to work quickly later on. Break the chocolate into squares. Lightly toast the cashews and break as desired and unwrap all your toffees. I divided both the white and milk chocolate (3/4 in the bowl and 1/4 out) and put the toffee in a microwave-safe bowl ready to be melted.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and draw a rectangle or square to the desired size and flip it upside down on the baking sheet.
- Using a double boiler or a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water melt 3/4 of the milk chocolate until just melted then remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1/4 of the chocolate and stir until melted. Spread the melted milk chocolate on the baking parchment to the template and then sprinkle with the cashews. You may want to slightly press the cashews into the chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate using the same method and drizzle over the top of the milk chocolate. Next melt the toffee in the microwave until runny and drizzle over. Sprinkle the sea salt over the chocolate bark.
- Leave at room temperature until set or put in the fridge to speed up the process. Once set cut into pieces and enjoy!
And that’s it. Very easy and delicious. I even had enough ingredients left to make a cheeky bit of white chocolate bark and added some chocolate chips from the cupboard.
Thanks for reading, enjoy your Autumn!